Thursday, November 2, 2017

Another Blessed Birthday


So, I’ve had another birthday, Praise God!  Another ride around the sun.  And I can say with full confidence that this has been a great year!  I’m looking forward to another wonderful year, too.
Man of the House and I are realizing one of the dreams we had as a young couple:  traveling.  Now, I know some of you that know us well may be laughing at that statement.  Considering that we have been married 32 years and have moved 24 times, lived in 8 different states, and have friends all around the globe, it may seem like we would have had our fill.  We are both explorers at heart, though, and have made it our habit to find out everything we could about every place that we have lived.

I really dislike the term “Empty Nesters.”  It sounds so final.  The fact is, we still enjoy spending time with our children and their families.  Whenever we see something new or amazing, we talk about how much the kids would love this, too.

 Recently, we were in Minnesota enjoying the autumn colors and some of the 10,000 lakes she boasts. Oh, and I also shopped at the Mall of America for the first time. Wow!  Wasn’t that an experience!  So many different people all in one place.  The smiles, the excitement, the fun sounds of the kids on the amusement park rides – I did some people watching. We are certainly a nation of many different people groups. 

What I realized on the plane heading home is that, no matter how much we have already seen, there is still so much more to be experienced.  So many more places to wander, people to meet, and things to do.  Sometimes, the day-to-day can get in the way of our vision. Just when I think this is “how it’s going to be,” Man of the House comes home with another adventure in the wings.


 If I remember correctly, it was his spontaneity and laughter that originally drew my heart to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment